Our 高中 Preview Day and Open House is coming up on November 15! 网上注册
自1892年以来, 新葡京app has been dedicated to educating and challenging young people for Christian life and service. We are an independent Christian school governed by an elected Board of Directors, and receive substantial support from local churches, 企业与校友. Our alumni lead and serve in Christian homes and churches, 在商业和工业中, 在我们的社区和国家. They are a testimony to the foundation they have received at 新葡京app.
新葡京app began in 1892 as the Christian School Society, later called the Holland Reformed School Society. The school opened in August, 1892 with 70 students. By 1893, the school moved to its first home in Paterson, named the Amity Street Christian School. 在新世纪开始之前, the Riverside School was also opened to serve students from Fair Lawn, Hawthorne and the Riverside section of Paterson.
At the beginning of the 20th century, interest in Christian education grew rapidly. Amity Street School became crowded and North 4th Street School was opened. 很快, two more schools opened in the area: 米德兰公园 Christian School and Passaic Christian School. At the time, the school year ran from April to April with four weeks off in July.
In 1919, a new Board was formed for “The Christian Secondary School for Paterson and Vicinity.” The new high school was called Eastern Academy and met at the North 4th Street School.
Life in the 1930s and 1940s was difficult for much of the world, including the Christian community in northern New Jersey. But even in the toughest days of the Depression and World War II, God graciously preserved 新葡京apps.
In 1933, a fire destroyed the upper level of North 4th Street School, but classes were moved to other schools and churches until renovations could be completed. In 1940, bus service was introduced to help those families who lived too far to walk or drive to one of the schools. Growth continued at Eastern Academy and a second addition was added in 1944.
To bring the schools into a closer relationship, the four elementary schools and the high school were consolidated under a new organization during the 1950s: the 新葡京app Association. The Eastern Academy building was converted into a junior high school, and a new high school was opened in 北Haledon in 1954. In 1959, the Wyckoff Christian School was built to replace the Riverside School, and in that same year an Endowment Fund was started with a vision to fund Christian education for future generations.
The 1960s saw continued growth in enrollment and expanded facilities. Total enrollment reached an all-time high of 1,855 in 1964. In 1966, the 米德兰公园 School was moved to a larger site in 米德兰公园. A new library and classrooms were added to the 高中. The end of the 1960s also saw the closing of the North 4th Street and Passaic schools.
Eastern Christian started a preschool in 1973 to help parents begin their children’s education in Christian day school. The 学前教育 moved several times until its final move to a renovated facility on the 米德兰公园 campus in 2006.
在20世纪80年代, Eastern Christian reorganized its educational program employing a middle school philosophy, 关闭了老旧的北八街学校. Elementary school programs were consolidated at the 米德兰公园 campus and middle school programs at the Wyckoff campus. In 1988, a new wing of classrooms was added to the 小学. The science wing of the 高中 was also refurbished.
The 中学 was expanded in 1994 with new classrooms. In 1997, the 高中 auditorium and facilities were renovated, and in 1999 the 高中 Media Center was refurbished. Also in 1999, the donated Terrace Lake property was sold, adding $2.800万捐给捐赠基金. In 2004, Phase II of the 中学 project was completed, adding a gymnasium and renovated art and music space.
Eastern Christian has continued to expand and update its academic program through the creation of learning communities at all levels of the school. New collaborative faculty initiatives keep the educational program up-to-date. 除了, 小组领导课程, 由三年级领导的新生“提摩太小组”, 职业研讨会, and an increased emphasis on the application of technology to learning all continue our great tradition.
Its students, parents, faculty and staff continue to celebrate God’s good gifts and blessings. Eastern Christian continues a tradition of excellence measured not only by the exceedingly good academic test scores its students achieve at all three schools, but more importantly by the faithful supportive Christian communities found on each campus and in the kinds of vocations to which Eastern Christian students find themselves called.